The System Center suite includes the following tools:
- Operations Manager – monitoring and alerting, integrates with OMS
- Configuration Manager – Azure integration through Cloud Distribution Point
- Virtual Machine Manager – hypervisor management (Hyper-V, ESX, XenServer)
- Orchestrator – automate SC tools and Azure with runbooks
- Data Protection Manager – backup to tape, disk or Azure using Online Backup Agent
- App Controller – provisioning and self service, Public Cloud Connector for Azure integration
- Service Manager – DBMS platform for self-service, portal and ITIL features
- Endpoint Protection – security solution for anti-malware
The PowerShell Deployment Toolkit greatly simplifies and accelerates the System Center deployment process.
System authentication can be performed using domain authentication or computer certificates where machines are not domain joined. Consider bandwidth and latency in a hybrid deployment and the optimal placement of services.