Azure Media Services enables secure upload, storage, encoding and packaging of audio and video content for live and on-demand streaming.Workflows can be designed with optional integration of third party components such as encoders.
They key components of Azure Media Services are:
- Format Conversion
- Content Protection
- On-Demand Streaming
- Live Streaming
Live Streaming can support millions of viewers consuming HD content and can be spun up and spun down as required.
- Setup channel to ingest live stream (2 URLs – Ingest URL (RTMP or Fragmented MP4 protocol) / Preview URL)
- Add a program specifying duration of archive window and stream encryption method
Dynamic encoding enables content to be packaged dynamically for deliver in a supported format to particular endpoints.
The Azure Media Indexer makes content of media files searchable, enables keywords, transcripts and closed captioning.
Monitoring services are enabled by turning on monitoring for the Azure storage Blob container. The Media Services dashboard will then show encoder data, failed tasks, queued jobs and other useful information.
Media can be secured using the following methods:
- AES Clear Key dynamic encryption
- Open restriction for trusted client / player
- Token restriction using Secure Token System (STS) provider
- DRM encryption
- Pre-encrypted by PlayReady system using license, content keys & Key ID
- Encrypted file sent to clients, decrypted using PlayReady license